The point she makes is right on; if we’re ‘freaking’ , it’s because we don’t have a plan and have been resting on our laurels for too long. Think…adjust…plan…execute flawlessly! Nice going, Brooke!
I was turned onto Caskey by Business Coach Anne Alexander, from Authentic Alternatives
I don’t know about you, but the same question keeps coming up in every conversation I have…
“How do you think this economy will affect your business?”
You know, I’d like to think I’m a realist and not a Pollyanna, but I really don’t see the economy hurting our business. Why?
- We’re relevant. We are constantly looking at our marketplace and offering programs, information and education that speak to the current reality.
- We help our clients keep and grow their businesses and we’re good at it.
- We’re clear on our ideal client. We are working with people that have a belief in investing in their people. With that belief, they will find the dollars.
So, who should be FREAKING OUT?
- Companies that have lived “fat and happy” for a long time. If you haven’t continually done your best to stay current, relevant and productive, now would be a good time to do that.
- Companies that don’t know what their value is to their client. Are you still puking features and benefits on them? You need to understand what kind of problems you solve. How do you help your clients get and keep customers? If you don’t know, you need to figure it out.
- Companies that try to make all suspects and prospects “fit.” You need to be clear on the demographics and psychographics of your ideal client. Get really good at identifying them and communicating how you work with them. Don’t be needy and desperate—keep it real.